In 1926, Jimmy Dangerfield and Gordon Sword opened the original”Victoria Super Service ” at the corner of Blanshard and Johnson Streets.
The name remained the same through a couple of different owners until the late 1950’s when Wayne Dunsmuir took over ownership and ran the family business until 1963. At this time brother, Bob Dunsmuir became the owner and changed the name to Blanshard Super Service. He eventually moved the business to Yates and Fort Streets in 1976. Bob continued the exceptional service under the name Dunsmuir Super Service until his retirement in 2004.
At that time, his long-tenured right-hand man, Doug Buchanan and head mechanic, Mike Iverson formed a partnership and took over the business. The station/shop carried on at the Fort Street location until 2007 when the business moved to 639 Pembroke Street where it continues to offer quality care and exceptional service to many generations of satisfied customers.